The SBNI is made up of an independent Chair, three non-executive directors and membership from the following:
- Health and Social Care Board
- Public Health Agency
- Health and Social Care Trusts
- Police Service of Northern Ireland
- Probation Board of Northern Ireland
- Youth Justice Agency
- Education Authority
- District councils
- National Society for the Prevention of Cruelty to Children
- A designated nurse
- Five representatives from the voluntary and community sectors
- A GP who will be a member of the British Medical Association
The Chair and Board members will be providing regular updates on the work of the SBNI. Click here to see the Chair's latest update.
In the main, meetings of the Board are held in public. Minutes are published on the Resources section of the website once they are approved. However, any confidential matters are discussed in closed session, usually prior to the public section of the meeting.
The public SBNI Board meetings for 2018 are set out below:
Wednesday 21st February 2018 (1:00pm-5:00pm)
Wednesday 21st March 2018 (1:00pm-5:00pm)
Wednesday 9th May 2018 (Development Day-9:30am-4:30pm)
Wednesday 20th June 2018 (1:00pm-5:00pm)
Wednesday 19th September 2018 (1:00pm-5:00pm)
Wednesday 17th October 2018 (Development Day-9:30am-4:30pm)
Wednesday 5th December 2018 (1:00pm-5:00pm)
*please note that the above meetings will be held in the Chestnut Suite –Lagan Valley Island Centre, Lisburn, BT27 4RL. Members of the public intending to attend are advised to contact the SBNI office on 02895 361810 to confirm the time.