Each Safeguarding Panel will be made up of the Core SBNI Membership agencies represented on the Board, with the following roles/people:
- A Independently Selected Chair;
- From the local Health and Social Service Trust:
- An Assistant Director of Children’s Services;
- A Named Doctor for Safeguarding Children;
- A Named Nurse for Safeguarding Children;
- An Assistant Director for Mental Health Services;
- Superintendent from the Police Service of Northern Ireland;
- An Area Manager from the Probation Board for Northern Ireland;
- An Assistant Director from the Youth Justice Agency;
- A manager from an Education and Library Board;
- At least one but no more than two managers from a District Council;
- A manager from the National Society for the Prevention of Cruelty to Children;
- At least three but no more than five persons from voluntary and community organisations;
- A member of a Local Medical Committee of the British Medical Association who practices within the area of Safeguarding.
Panels can seek to add to their membership by seeking written approval from the SBNI.
This section of the website is under construction.