Child Protection Sub-Group
The Child Protection Sub-Group was established in 2017 by SBNI following a recommendation in the Jay report.
The Sub-Group meets at least five times per year, to talk about the range of child protection information that is available to them.
They use this to agree on which priorities they can act through an outcome-based framework.
The Chair of the Sub-Group is a Director of Children’s Services from one of the Health and Social Care Trusts. Members of the group include all five Health and Social Care Trusts;
- The Education Authority Northern Ireland,
- The National Society for the Prevention Cruelty to Children,
- The Health and Social Care Board,
- The Police Service Northern Ireland,
- The National Society for the Prevention of Cruelty to Children,
- The Probation Board NI.
The Child Protection Sub-Group has focussed work plans on the following areas:
- Trauma-Informed Practice
- Signs of Safety – Model of Social Work Intervention
- Measuring Outcomes for children in the Child Protection System
- Analysing Child Protection data from member agencies