Online safety Forum
The SBNI Online-Safety Forum (formally e-safety) operates as a non-statutory committee of the Safeguarding Board.
The use of the internet and mobile has opened a world of exciting opportunities for children and young people.
It gives them access to almost unlimited information worldwide.
Yet, it also places them at potential risk of cyberbullying amongst other things, such as:
- Encountering sexual images and/or inappropriate content.
- Online grooming.
- Misuse of their personal data.
Most children and young people today are very proficient in using technology, yet, immaturity and a lack of knowledge can put them in danger.
The SBNI Online-Safety Forum operates as a non-statutory committee of the Safeguarding Board.
The Online-Safety Forum provides a space for the sharing of new initiatives, trends and risks in respect to online safety.
The forum’s membership comprises representatives from the following agencies –
- Police Service of Northern Ireland
- The Health and Social Care Trusts
- Child Exploitation Online Protection command (CEOP – overseen by the National Crime Agency)
- Education Authority Northern Ireland
- C2K (Education Technology Managed Service for Schools)
- The Council for Curriculum Examinations and Assessment (CCEA)
- Include Youth
- Northern Ireland Anti – Bullying Forum (NIABF)
- National Children’s Bureau NI (NCB)
- Nexus NI
- Parenting NI
- Children in Northern Ireland
- SBNI Professional Officer.