Policy and Procedures Committee
The Committee works to ensure the safety and welfare of children and young people. This is undertaken through the ongoing revision of Child Protection and Safeguarding Policy and Procedures, on a multiagency basis.
To enhance the safety and welfare of children and young people. This is through the development and revising of Child Protection and Safeguarding Policies and Procedures, on a multi-agency basis.
- Develop Policy & Procedures
- Fulfil the policy and procedural requirements
- Review individual policy and procedures identified as being ambiguous or unhelpful.
- Following the conclusion of the current Departmental review of policies produce a revised Regional Policy and Procedures, which reflects the change.
- Agree with the Member Agencies a dissemination process for the revised document.
On the 28th November 2017, SBNI launched the revised Regional Core Child Protection Policies and Procedures.
These are now accessible on an e-based platform at the following link:
As of 15th December 2017, these policies and procedures are operational. They replace the Area Child Protection Committee Regional Policies and Procedures April 2005.
Two documents are available to assist your understanding of the changes. If you wish to highlight any implementation issues, please contact us at [email protected]
Comments from some of our Member Agencies
The Northern Ireland General Practice Committee (NIGPC) has worked with the Directorate of Integrated Care at the Health and Social Care Board (HSCB) with the support of the Safeguarding Board for Northern Ireland to produce the attached “Generic” Practice Safeguarding Policy with appendices for General Practitioners (GPs). It is intended to act as a basic policy document for General Practice in matters relating to safeguarding of children.
These are set under the umbrella of the SBNI Child Protection Core Policies and Procedures https://www.proceduresonline.com/sbni/
- Letter from the Assistant Director of Directorate of Integrated Care, HSCB and Chair, NIGPC
- “Generic” Practice Safeguarding Policy with appendices for General Practitioners (GPs)
- Safeguarding Policy and Procedures for GPs