Committees and Panels
We undertake our aims and objectives through a series of Panels and Sub-groups on areas like Child protection, Child Sexual Exploitation, Domestic abuse, Neglect and e-safety. We also have five local area safeguarding panels co-terminus with the five trust boundaries, and a case management review panel.
Each Safeguarding Panel will be made up of the Core SBNI Membership agencies represented on the Board. In addition to the Independently Selected Chair there will be representatives from:
Local Health and Social Care Trust
- An Assistant Director of Children’s Services;
- A Named Doctor for Safeguarding Children;
- A Named Nurse for Safeguarding Children;
- An Assistant Director for Mental Health Services;
- Superintendent from the Police Service of Northern Ireland;
- An Area Manager from the Probation Board for Northern Ireland;
- An Assistant Director from the Youth Justice Agency;
- A manager from an Education and Library Board;
- At least one but no more than two managers from a District Council;
- A manager from the National Society for the Prevention of Cruelty to Children;
- At least three but no more than five persons from voluntary and community organisations;
- A member of a Local Medical Committee of the British Medical Association who practices within the area of Safeguarding.