Age Restrictions Top Tips
Setting age restrictions on a tablet or phone is one of the best, simplest and quickest ways to ensure that your child can only access age-appropriate content. You should always apply the restrictions appropriate to their age and lock those restrictions in place before giving a child a new phone or tablet.
Age Restrictions on an iPad or iPhone
- Go to the general settings of the iPhone or iPad they use.
- Enable restrictions.
- Create a PIN so a child cannot bypass the device restrictions.
You can now apply age-appropriate restrictions to films, TV programmes, books, Siri, websites and more.
Age Restrictions on other mobile devices
- Login to the Play Store on the device.
- Click settings.
- Turn parental controls on.
- Select the maximum age restriction you are happy for your child to download.
- Set a 4-digit PIN to lock the restrictions.
Your child is now restricted in what they download onto their device.
- Where schools provide access to iOS technology (Apple iPads) ICT staff should set age appropriate restrictions prior to issuing the devices to children.