Age Restrictions Top Tips
Setting age restrictions on a tablet or phone is one of the best, simplest and quickest ways to ensure that your child can only access age-appropriate content. You should always apply the restrictions appropriate to their age and lock those restrictions in place before giving a child a new phone or tablet.
Age Restrictions on an iPad or iPhone
- Go to the general settings of the iPhone or iPad they use.
- Enable restrictions.
- Create a PIN so a child cannot bypass the device restrictions.
You can now apply age-appropriate restrictions to films, TV programmes, books, Siri, websites and more.
Age Restrictions on other mobile devices
- Login to the Play Store on the device.
- Click settings.
- Turn parental controls on.
- Select the maximum age restriction you are happy for your child to download.
- Set a 4-digit PIN to lock the restrictions.
Your child is now restricted in what they download onto their device.
This information can be found on the SBNI App available on IOS and Android © INEQE Group Ltd 2019
- Where schools provide access to iOS technology (Apple iPads) ICT staff should set age appropriate restrictions prior to issuing the devices to children.