Consultation opened on 04 March 2019. Closing date is 29 April 2019.
The Safeguarding Board for Northern Ireland (SBNI) invites your views on our draft e-Safety Strategy and Three Year Action Plan for Northern Ireland 2019 – 2022.
This consultation seeks your views on our new e-Safety Strategy which sets out how all children and young people in Northern Ireland can, as far as possible, be kept safe and secure online. We aim to gather the views and suggestions about this strategy from children and young people, their parents and carers, all organisational stakeholders with an interest in safeguarding and the protection of children and young people so that they can make best use of the educational, social and economic benefits of the online world, while keeping them safe from potential harm online.
The SBNI has published a draft e-Safety Strategy and Three Year Action Plan for Northern Ireland 2019 – 2022 whose overall objectives are to support the development of a comprehensive cross-government action plan that will improve e-safety by:
- Reflecting existing evidence of good practice in e-safety approaches
- Engaging with existing e-safety mechanisms in the UK, seeking to add value and not duplicate
- Educating and supporting children and young people, and those responsible for their care and safety, to develop skills and knowledge to stay safe online
- Facilitating the responsible use of digital and internet technology
- Providing information on how to handle online abuse if it occurs and facilitating access to age-appropriate support services including recovery services.
The draft e-Safety Strategy and Three Year Action Plan for Northern Ireland 2019 – 2022 proposes a new vision and core principles and commitments to underpin e-safety for children and young people in Northern Ireland. It also focuses on three key pillars for action to ensure the vision of keeping all children and young people in Northern Ireland safe online. This consultation is seeking the views of all stakeholders on the strategy.
If you require any of these documents in an alternative format (such as large print, Braille, disk, audio file, audio cassette, Easy Read or in minority languages to meet the needs of those not fluent in English) please contact: Nichola.O’Neill@hscni.net
You can complete the consultation questionnaire by following this link: https://www.surveymonkey.co.uk/r/eCYP
If you are unable to complete the survey online, a Word version is available below and can be returned to email@example.com
A young person’s version is also available for completion here: https://www.surveymonkey.co.uk/r/esafety
- Letter to Consultee
- SBNI draft e-Safety Strategy and Three Year Action Plan for Northern Ireland 2019 – 2022
- e-Safety Children and Young People's Overview
- Consultation Questionnaire Response Document
- Equality and Human Rights Screening document
- Equality questions for Equality and Human Rights Screening
- Regulatory Impact Assessment and Rural Proofing