Home » Parents & Carers

How to get help

If you have concerns about a child you must seek advice from professionals. If you think a child or young person under the age of 18 years is being abused or neglected, please contact the Gateway team in your local Health and Social Care Trust (contact numbers below). Do this as soon as you can and before the situation gets any worse.

If you believe that a child or young person is at immediate risk, this should be reported without delay to the police service as a 999 emergency and contact should also be made to your local Health and Social Care (HSC) Trust:

Gateway Teams

  • Belfast HSC Trust - 028 9050 7000
  • Northern HSC Trust - 0300 1234 333
  • South Eastern HSC Trust - 0300 1000 300
  • Southern HSC Trust - 0800 7837 745
  • Western HSC Trust - 028 7131 4090

You can talk with an NSPCC counsellor for free, 24 hours a day. Call 0808 800 5000.