The SBNI is the key statutory mechanism for agreeing how relevant partners will cooperate and work together to safeguard and promote the welfare of children and young people in Northern Ireland, and for ensuring the effectiveness of what they do.
Our mission is to safeguard and promote the welfare and rights of children and young people by working together in partnership to prevent and protect them from risk and harm.
Our vision is that all children and young people are seen, their voices are heard and that they are protected, respected, supported and have appropriate opportunities to grow up in safety, thrive and fulfil their potential.
- We listen to children and young people and respond to them about their wishes, feelings and experiences and place them at the heart of what we do;
- We work in partnership to safeguard and promote the welfare and rights of children and young people;
- We develop, respect and value those who work with us as we strive for excellence in what we do;
- We are open, honest and transparent in our work with children and young people our members, partners and staff;
- We respect diversity and promote equality and inclusion in all that we do; and
- We ensure that all of our work and relationships are undertaken from an awareness of adverse childhood experiences (ACEs) and a trauma informed perspective.