Advice for Children and Young People
If you're worried about something there are organisations that can help you. You can contact them by phone or online. They can help with a range of problems.
Are you or young person you know in immediate danger?
Contact the PSNI on 999
Who can I contact?
Freephone available 24/7 from landlines and mobile - 0800 1111
Freephone available Monday to Friday 8 am – 10 pm or 9 am – 6 pm at the weekends - 0800 3891 701
Local help available
The local health trusts in Northern Ireland can also help through their gateway teams:
- Belfast HSC Trust - 028 9050 7000
- Northern HSC Trust - 0300 1234 333
- South Eastern HSC Trust - 0300 1000 300
- Southern HSC Trust - 0800 7837 745
- Western HSC Trust - 028 7131 4090
Don’t worry if you aren’t sure about your health trust. The gateway team will be able to direct you to the right person.
What can I get help with?
These organisations can help you with a wide range of issues. For example, they provide help if you are worried about:
- Child Sexual Exploitation
- Child Trafficking
- Domestic Violence and Abuse
- Female Genital Mutilation
- Criminal Exploitation
These organisations are there to help whatever issue you are facing.