Advice for Children and Young People

If you're worried about something there are organisations that can help you. You can contact them by phone or online. They can help with a range of problems.

Are you or young person you know in immediate danger?

Contact the PSNI on 999

Who can I contact?

  • In an emergency

    If you or someone you know are in immediate danger then contact the PSNI on 999.

    If it isn’t an emergency situation you can contact either Childline or NSPCC.

  • Childline

    Freephone available 24/7 from landlines and mobile - 0800 1111


    Freephone available Monday to Friday 8 am – 10 pm or 9 am – 6 pm at the weekends - 0808 800 5000

Local help available

The local health trusts in Northern Ireland can also help through their gateway teams:

  • Belfast HSC Trust - 028 9050 7000
  • Northern HSC Trust - 0300 1234 333
  • South Eastern HSC Trust - 0300 1000 300
  • Southern HSC Trust - 0800 7837 745
  • Western HSC Trust - 028 7131 4090

Don’t worry if you aren’t sure about your health trust. The gateway team will be able to direct you to the right person.

What can I get help with?

These organisations can help you with a wide range of issues. For example, they provide help if you are worried about:

  • Child Sexual Exploitation
  • Child Trafficking
  • Domestic Violence and Abuse
  • Female Genital Mutilation
  • Neglect
  • Criminal Exploitation

These organisations are there to help whatever issue you are facing.