Trauma Informed Practice Committee
The SBNI has led work for the NI Executive on the development of the trauma informed practice agenda. The establishment of the Trauma Informed Practice (TIP) Committee is the next step in that work and reflects the SBNI’s intention to become a trauma informed partnership.
To advise and support member and partner agencies on how to embed a sustainable transformation model of trauma informed practice.
- Develop trauma informed organisational practice throughout Northern Ireland including strengthening collaboration across and within government departments and member agencies;
- Support agencies through the application of the Trauma Informed Transformation model to develop and progress sustainable work force development; and
- Apply evidence based research to inform strategic development of a trauma informed Northern Ireland.
The group is chaired by an SBNI non-executive board member. Membership comprises of one representative on behalf of the five Health and Social Care Trusts and;
- Action for Children (AfC)
- Children's Court Guardian Agency for Northern Ireland
- Education Authority Northern Ireland (EANI) Safeguarding Directorate
- Education Authority Northern Ireland (EANI) Youth Work Directorate
- Include Youth
- Police Service Northern Ireland (PSNI)
- Probation Board Northern Ireland (PBNI)
- Public Health Agency (PHA)
- Safeguarding Board Northern Ireland (SBNI)
- Strategic Planning and Performance Group of the Department of Health (SPPG)
- Youth Justice Agency (YJA)